-->

Friday, July 1, 2011

Wingin’ it Out

I am a girl who loves the infamous ‘cat eye’.
I started off using eye liner in elementary school around grade 7. At the time, I usually only rimmed the water line, but occasionally would apply some on the top lash line. I loved the look it gave of fuller lashes.
Lately the only thing I have been using on my face (other than the occasional blush and bronzer :] ) is just translucent powder to mattify my face a bit. Yesterday, however, I went out for dinner and wanted a bit more coverage in my foundation, but still not too heavy because it was quite hot out. I was requested to do a ‘summer makeup’ look by fellow youtuber ‘heyitzmagz’, so I thought  this would be the perfect time to do a 'fresh face' look! I decided I would focus the attention on my eyes and make a nice long, winged ‘cat eye’.
Here are the products I used:
Face
Clinique Perfectly Real Makeup (I love this stuff! It’s so lightweight. You can also see the shimmer reflects in the picture.)
MAC Blushcreme in Lilicent (Just dabbed a bit on the apples of the cheeks- I love the dewy finish)
Eyes:
Elizabeth Arden Eye shadow in Topaz (golden brown color with a bit of shimmer- wash of color all over the lid and a little past the crease as well as a bit on the outer part of the lower lash line)
Elizabeth Arden Eye shadow in Wheat (peachy beige color as highlight on eyebrow bone)
Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner in True Black (thick line along upper lash line winged out)
AVON SuperShock Mascara (top lashes- my FAVORITE mascara atm!)

Lips:
SoftLips Moisturizing Lip Balm in Vanilla

There you have it! What was your first makeup item that you started wearing?

4 comments:

  1. Wow you have stunning eyes! This looks amazing :)and its really wearable x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Holly aww thanks doll! I'm still trying to figure out how to take pictures of makeup looks so they show up on camera and so that I don't blind myself with the flash haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, Anita!! I wish I could such a perfect winged eyeliner... :(

    Can you pleeeease teach me? I'm rubbish at it!

    Your makeup looks gorgeous and chic and I love the lips...

    The first item I started using was pencil liner! :)

    Keep up the good work, darling!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Le Beauty Group) Thank you Ysis! That’s actually a great idea for a blog post! I’ll do a post on easy steps on how to do winged eyeliner this week!

    ReplyDelete