I have finally caved in and purchased the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette!
One of the major reasons I postponed this particular purchase was because of the price. At $60CND, I found it hard to convince myself to follow through with buying this popular palette. However, with my Birthday coming up in a few weeks, I decided now was the time, if ever, to get my hands on Naked 2.
I have to say, I have had my eyes on this pallete for quite some time, so I have had enough time to decide if I really wanted it. Most of the time I looked for alternatives to the Naked palettes, yet when I went to Sephora I would always walk by them.
What attracted me most were all the beautiful neutral colours. I am not a big fan of colourful eye shadow. In fact, my Coastal Scents 88 shimmer palette remains untouched because I can't find use of the colourful shadows.
Both Naked palettes are quite similar in terms of the eyeshadows they contain. In fact, many of colours closely resemble each other. Also, Half Baked appears in both palettes. However, I preferred the Naked 2 to the first Naked Palette for a couple of other reasons:
1. Naked 2 comes with a matte black- essential for a smokey eye
2. Naked 2 comes in a sturdy metal tin that snaps shut
2. Naked 2 comes with a dual-ended brush. One side can be used for packing on colour, while the other side will help you blend.
3. Naked 2 has a full-size mirror on the compact itself
Overall, I am happy that I have finally bought Naked 2. Even though the price was an issue for me at first, I look at the palette as more of an investment. I think that you are getting your money's worth because you are getting 12 decent-sized eye shadows that will not only last you quite a long time, but you will also get great use out of all the colours.
A definite-must in your make-up collection.
Naked 2 Palette includes:
- Foxy (cream bisque with matte finish)
- *Half Baked* (golden-bronze with shimmering finish) appears in Naked 1 palette
- Booty Call (shimmering cork)
- Chopper (copper shimmer with silver microglitter)
- Tease (creamy pale brown with matte finish)
- Snake Bite (dark bronze shimmer with metallic base)
- Suspect (pale golden beige with shimmering finish)
- Pistol (light gray-brown with shimmering finish)
- Verve (oyster with shimmering finish)
- YDK (cool bronze shimmer with metallic base)
- Busted (deep brown with shimmering finish)
- Blackout (blackest black with matte finish)
1 Dual-ended (Shadow/Crease) Brush
1 Lip Junkie Lipgloss in Naked (pinky neutral)