-->

Friday, June 24, 2011

"Summer Besties"

I recently saw a tag going around on YouTube called “Summer Besties” and decided to be “it” lol. The tag is basically about your favorite summer products for different categories.  Here are my favs!

1) Lip Product- Softlips Moisturizing Lip Balm (Vanilla) SPF 20
I love the Softlips Lip Balms, especially the vanilla one (vanilla and coconut are my favorite scents). Even though I like to use this product throughout the seasons its extra nice in the summer because it has SPF 20. My lips are pretty pigmented so I don’t always like to wear lipstick, so this is the perfect product to just keep them moisturized.
“Softlips
Softlips Moisturizing Lip Balm

 2) Blush- Mark Sunlove Glo
 My favorite types of blushes are coral and peachy colours. This blush is a mix of those colours. It looks great on tanned skin so I think it’s a must have for the summer months.
Mark Sunlove Glo Blush
3) Nail Polish- L.A. Colors Color Craze nail polish- Lightning 
To go along with tanned skin I love wearing vibrant neon colours both on my nails and clothes. I love this neon pink colour by L.A Colours. I always get compliments when I wear it.
L.A. Colors Lightning Nail Polish


4) Liquid face product- Clinique Perfectly Real Makeup
I don’t like to wear foundation too much when it is extremely hot outside, but when I do this Perfectly Real Makeup by Clinique is my go-to. It is lightweight and gives you a decent coverage. It also has a little bit of shimmer in it that makes your face glow.  
Clinique Perfectly Real Makeup

5) Powder Face Product- N.Y.C. Matte Bronzer- Sunny
To continue on with the tan look (well it one of the signatures of summer!) I love using bronzer to give a bit of more definition to my face. I love using the N.Y.C Sunny bronzer to contour.
N.Y.C. Sunny Bronzer


6) Hair Product- Frizz-Ease Hair Serum
My hair is naturally curly, so in these humid times I try to avoid using heat in my hair and just condition it really well. I apply this serum when my hair is damp. It smells soo good and keeps it shiny and tamed. 
Frizz-Ease Hair Serum

7) Eye Product-AVON SuperShock Mascara
If I had to just choose one eye product I would pick mascara. I always like to play up my eyes and make winged liner, smokey eyes, etc. but I think I could be happy with just long, full lashes. This mascara is waterproof so it holds curl well, and the brush is AMAZING! It’s pretty big, but that helps make your lashes full and long.
AVON SuperShock Mascara

8) Self Tanner (or any tanning item)- Hawaiian Tropic Dark Tanning Lotion and Oil Spray
I swear by this stuff.  First of all, these things smell heavenly (like a coconut tropical vacation). The smell reminds me of my childhood vacations. I naturally have an olive skintone so it tans quite easily, and these products just contribute to making my tan a little more bronzy and even. Only downside is the low SPF… 
Hawaiian Tropic Tanning

9) Fashion accessory- Earrings
For everyday I would say earrings are my favourite accessories. I usually wear studs, but I think it’s nice to spice up an outfit with a pair of chandelier earrings sometimes. 

10) Clothing piece- Bandeaus
I think bandeaus are basically like bandeau bikini tops that you can wear under your clothes. I love these things for the summer. I have a lot of low cut, open back summer tops and I love to pair them with a bright bandeau top. This summer I’m really into color blocking with bandeaus. I love the contrast of a bright yellow bandeau with a coral pink top.  


So there you have it. My Summer Besties. What are yours?

2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to try this and now that I just saw them I think I may go and get them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Hunter 87 I'm glad that you like them :) The best part is everything is so affordable!!

    ReplyDelete