-->

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back-To-School Must Haves

Other than the basics- paper, binders, dividers, laptop, etc… , I have come up with a list of other essentials that may be over-looked, but are still good to have for back to school.

Going to school in the big city it is important for me to feel comfortable away from home. That is why I like to make sure that I pack things that can come in handy after a long day at school.

My top 10 essentials are:

*Hand Sanitizer*- I cannot stress how important this is to me. Especially in the winter time, when many people are sick, I like to use hand sanitizer to keep my hands clean from germs that could be on door handles and other things that I am likely to touch at school.
Anita’s Pick- I love the convenience of Bath & Body Works pocket hand sanitizers. They come in great scents too!

Bath & Body Works Hand Sanitizer
 
*Tissues*-  Another great thing to have in your bag, Tissues come in handy quite often. Whether you need to wipe your hands or blow your nose tissues are definitely good to have.
Anita’s Pick- Puffs to go comes in very portable packaging. Forever 21 also has some cute options!
Puffs to Go and Forever 21 Hello Kitty Tissues
 
*Pens*- If I am not using my laptop to type my notes, I love to use colorful pens to write my notes. Not only does using colorful pens make your notes look nice, but it can also help you organize your thoughts.
Anita’s Pick- Staedtler Triplus Fineliner pens write so smoothly! I love how the packaging can be used to store the pens and also be folded to display the pens for easy access.
Staedtler triplus fineliner pens 
*Shine Blotters*- Being at school for such a long time, I do not usually touch up my make-up. However, I do tend to get oily, so having blotting papers is an important item to have.
Anita’s Pick- Mark Cheat Sheets work really well for me. Sephora also carries their own brand blotting papers, as well as some blotting linens from Boscia, which I am planning on trying next :)
 Mark Cheat Sheets and Boscia Blotting linens
*Hand Lotion*- When your hands need that extra kick, it’s nice to apply some hand lotion to soften them up and make them smell good.
Anita’s Pick- Once again Bath and Body Works has some great choices when it comes to hand lotions. The packaging is convenient, and the smell is divine!
Bath and Body Works Hand Lotion
 
*Chap Stick*- This should probably be at the top of my list. I always have chap stick on me. In my bag let alone I usually carry up to five different lip products. I don’t have dry lips, most likely because I keep them moisturized so much lol, but I love to keep my lips hydrated with a moisturizing lip balm.
Anita’s Pick- I’ve mentioned before that Softlips is one of my favorites. I like how it also has SPF 20.
Softlips lip balm
*Perfume*- It’s always nice to have your signature scent in your bag to touch up after walking around all day.
Anita’s Pick- I love the Travalo Refillable Perfume atomizer. This thing comes in so handy. I do not like bringing full size perfume bottles in my bag. Even though you can buy travel sizes for some brands of perfumes, I think the Travalo is more convenient. You can take your favorite perfume and fill up this pocket size atomizer and easily transport your signature scent wherever you go without worrying about your glass bottle breaking. In Canada you can purchase the Travalo at Shoppers Drug Mart.
 Travalo perfume atomizer



*Medical things*- It’s always good to have bandaids, tylonel or aspirin and a pair of foldable scissors.
Anita’s Pick- You never know when you may get a paper cut, headache or need to cut some loose string from your shirt.

*Snack*- I always like to keep a little snack in my bag ‘just in case’. Even though you can literally buy food anywhere in downtown Toronto, there are times where you may get a little hungry or even dizzy to the point where you just need some sugar to keep you going.
Anita’s Pick- I love these bars by fruitsource! Not only are they made of 100% fruits and vegetables, but they are delicious! Great option for those who want a nice healthy snack :)
Fruitsource 100% fruits bars
*Gum*- I always have gum on me. Sometimes you aren’t really craving food, but you want something to chew on. Gum is the perfect solution.
Anita’s Pick- To go with my vanilla theme, I love my Dentyne Ice Vanilla Chill gum.
Dentyne Ice Vanilla Chill gum

There you have it! I hope I have you some useful ideas. Let me know what your top essentials are!

2 comments:

  1. great list! this is what i usually carry around, save for the tissues which i have to start carrying around as i'm always in need of them!
    x.J
    http://jnnfrchn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post:) its all necessary and must have..love to follow u..check my blog and follow if u like:)

    ReplyDelete