-->

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Tarte Pure Delights LipSurgence Lip Set

Today’s blog post is going to be about the second Holiday set that I purchased from Sephora’s VIB sale.


My favourite type of lip product comes in the jumbo crayon form. Ever since I tried Revlon’s Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, I’ve gravitated towards other similar products. When I saw Tarte’s Pure Delights LipSurgence Lip Set, I thought it would give me the perfect opportunity to give these jumbo lip crayons a try. I have read plenty of raving reviews about these lip tints so I knew this was something to try!



This particular set comes with 8 mini LipSurgence (4 regular LipSurgence lip tints and 4 Matte LipSurgence Matte lip tints). I don’t usually finish full size lip products, other than lip balms, so I actually quite like the fact that these products are in mini form. The packaging also makes them easy for travel.

Here is a description of each of the colours:

Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tints

The original Tarte Lip Tints are very moisturizing. The colours apply very smoothly and give a nice sheen to the lips. Compared to the Matte Lip Tints they are more sheer.


Believe- Coral Red

Grateful- Nude

Lovely- Baby Pink

Enamored- Cool Red



Tarte LipSurgence Matte Lip Tints

My main concern about the Matte Lip tints was that they would be drying. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they are still hydrating. What I like most about the Matte Lip Tints is the fact that they are more pigmented and leave more of a stain on your lips as the colour wears off.


Glee- Ripe red (watermelon)

Generous- Pink Nude

Destined- Deep Berry (Raspberry)

Cheerful- Mid-tone Warm Pink 



Final thought- I really enjoy this Tarte lip set because of all the beautiful shades it comes with. My favourite thing about the Lip Tints is how easy they are to apply to the lips. They are forgiving in application because you do not have to worry about looking in the mirror to apply them.


This set retails for $41CND and $34U.S from Sephora.


No comments:

Post a Comment