-->

Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Jennifer Lopez Glow

Jennifer Lopez Glow
Jennifer Lopez is known for many things. One of those things is her glowing skin.

JLo’s skin always looks so healthy. The first steps you can take to enhance your skin’s natural glow include drinking plenty of water, eating well, and exercising. Following those most important steps, you can move on to accentuating that glow with makeup.

When it comes to highlighter, finding the perfect shade can be a little tricky sometimes. You don’t just want to take a white frosty shade and apply it all over your face. 
Typically, if you have a fair skin tone, light pink shades are most flattering on you. If you have an olive skin tone like myself, or a darker complexion, a yellow champagne color will look best. 

Some highlighting products come in liquid form like Benefit’s High Beam (frosty pink) and Benefit’s Moon Beam (champagne gold), and others come in powder form. You can always use an eye shadow color to get a similar effect, however, I have found my go-to highlighter and bronzer in one! 

I’m talking about Physician’s Formula Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls in Beige Pearl. 
Physician's Formula Beige Pearl
Physician's Formula Beige Pearl
Physician's Formula Beige Pearl
I love this product because it not only to gives my face subtle color and warms up my complexion, but it works amazing to give me the JLo glow.

The key places I highlight are: 
-top of cheekbones (I actually like to apply it lightly on the apples of my cheeks as well because it is not overpowering) 
-bridge of nose 
-under brow bone

Final thoughts: 
Considering Physician's Formula is drug store make up, this palette is kind of pricey, retailing for $19.99, but places like Shopper’s Drug Mart typically have sales with 40% off Physician’s Formula cosmetics, so I would highly suggest you keep an eye open.

The packing is quite cute, as it comes in a compact mirror and a little brush (which people usually say they hate, but it could come in handy if you are on the go).

Overall, I am really pleased with the product and would recommend you to check it out if you are looking to achieve that JLo glow!
Physician's Formula Beige Pearl

Physician's Formula Beige Pearl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment